Youth Programs (Fall 2020)
Fayette county residents please enter discount code FAYETTE at checkout.
For other credits and sibling discounts, please select bank payment at checkout.
Most of our club youths are new to the sport of rowing when they started out. The Novice program is for young athletes learning to row and for those that have already had at least one full season of practice and regattas. With two coaches for each water session, sessions will be split between new and experienced for training. There are limited numbers for each session. Novice athletes will practice 4 days a week, where they will learn the basic fundamentals of rowing, along with the proper form and technique behind the stroke. Three days will be on the water (weather permitting), and one day will be training on an erg. There are limited numbers for each session, as per our current Covid –19 protocols.
Varsity season reflects the progression of a young athlete rowing prowess, after having completed two full seasons of regatta races as a Novice. Athletes progress from Novice to Varsity with the Coach's approval. It is our most competitive Junior program, taking our youths’ skills and abilities with rowing to the next level. These athletes practice 5 days a week. Four days will be on the water (weather permitting), and one day will be training on an erg. There are limited numbers for each session, as per our current Covid – 19 protocols.
August 10 - December 19
Please select a time slot that works best for your family. There is no difference in skill or ability between sessions 1 and 2.
We are both excited and equally cautious in our approach to gradually resuming our activities. We request patience, flexibility and personal responsibility to ensure that when we do open, we can stay open.
Following guidance from US Rowing, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and State and Local Public Health Authorities, our schedule for sessions are tentative and space is limited. Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Information for all programs
- A swimming test is required. Every youth registred for a rowing program must be tested for swimming capability. This test is provided at Kedron Fieldhouse pool with one of our coaches. This is mandatory to ensure the safety of the youth.
- Windy days are considered to be unsafe for rowers. We will provide alternate training exercises on those days. Sessions are cancelled due to thunderstorms and fee are calculated to include this provision.
- Programs include learning water safety, boat rigging and maintenance.
- Fees do not include regatta costs (race fees, travel, accommodation and meals) and uniforms.
- Parent volunteers will run the erg practices on the days highlighted in orange to keep the costs down.